Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Quincy Connection

I just received a note from Bro. Ed. Two of the guys who came down with him from Quincy wrote short reflections on their experience in New Orleans. They are a reminder that part of the Tau House tradition is that we are a place that allows for growth.

My New Orleans experience was great. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my time off from school and work but to do service. This trip was a retreat and a service project because it was filled with helping others and self-reflection. When I wasn’t doing direct service, I was learning things about life and myself as we would spend time just talking with people and listening to their stories. This took me by surprise as I originally thought the trip would be service followed by recreation. Little did I know that the trip constantly offers something to be learned granted that one is open enough to let it do so. I found out that this whole experience is something well worth having because it taught me to truly listen to people and it opened my eyes to things bigger than myself even more.


Mike Varrone

Going to New Orleans with Brother Ed is a life changing experience. It does not matter how many times you go down, you will always learn something new. I always go down with the intention of learning something and becoming a better person. It is tough for a person to change but I would have to say that this trip makes it easy. When I return I always feel like a better person and that is because of the people I meet in NO. The feeling can last anywhere from a brief second to many months. It does not matter how long it lasts, because even with the shortest amount of time you can say the trip was a success. This is all due to Bro Ed. Without him many people would not be who they are today. He changes people for the better. He is unbelievable. He truly is my hero.

Brian Silverstein

1 comment:

  1. Ed,

    Thanks for the generous donation. I hope we can make it last and not bury it, but increase its yield.

    Henri Andre Fourroux

    ReplyDelete